FONTERRA DAIRY WOMAN OF THE YEAR
The Fonterra Dairy Woman of the Year award recognises an outstanding woman who has contributed to the dairy sector with passion, drive, innovation, and leadership.
The recipient will receive a scholarship to be part of the Kellogg Rural Leadership Programme. The scholarship covers the programme fee, travel & accommodation, mentoring and access to DWN & Fonterra platforms to share you research.
The selection panel consists of five judges including representatives from Dairy Women’s Network, Fonterra, Ballance Agri-Nutrients, Rural Leaders and a previous Fonterra Dairy Woman of the Year recipient.
The judging panel will give consideration to the following qualities when awarding the Fonterra Dairy Woman of the Year title:
- Has a commitment, drive, and passion for the dairy sector as a whole and is a positive role model for women in dairying.
- Is a strong performer, who is recognised by her peers as a potential leader.
- Demonstrates leadership within her community, but has a wider circle of influence than her local community.
- Is influential in the dairy sector, holding or having previously help leadership positions on regional or national dairy organisations.
- The entrant has a vision to add value to the dairy sectors future and is actively working towards achieving that in their leadership aspirations.
- Is a Dairy Women’s Network member.
What to expect if selected as a finalist
As a finalist you are available to attend:
- An online interview with the judges. Date tbc.
- The Gala Dinner in 2024. Date and location tbc.
Finalists will receive a complimentary registration to the DWN2024 conference and gala dinner. As well as travel and accommodation will be paid for to attend.
Applications / nominations close on 29 February 2024.
ASK ME ANYTHING - WEBINARS
Hear past recipients talk about their journeys, what they have done with their scholarships, and how it has helped with their aspirations in the industry.
Watch the webinars at: