The Fonterra Dairy Woman of the Year award recognises an outstanding woman who has contributed to the dairy industry with passion, drive, innovation and leadership.
The recipient will receive a scholarship of up to $20,000 for an approved development programme, professional/business coaching and/or learning experience (or combination of these) chosen by the recipient.
The selection panel consists of five judges including representatives from Dairy Women’s Network, Fonterra, Global Women, Ballance Agri-Nutrients and a previous Fonterra Dairy Woman of the Year recipient.
The judging panel will give consideration to the following qualities when awarding the Fonterra Dairy Woman of the Year title:
The entrant has a commitment, drive and passion for the dairy industry as a whole and is a positive role model for women in dairying.
- She is a strong performer, who is recognised by her peers as a potential leader.
- She demonstrates leadership within her community, but has a wider circle of influence than her local community.
- The entrant is influential in the dairy industry, holding or having previously held leadership positions on regional or national dairy organisations.
- She may also hold/have held a governance role in relevant organisations, or have future aspirations in governance in the dairy industry. The entrant has a vision to add value to the dairy industry’s future and is actively working towards achieving that in her current professional and personal journey.
- She is a Dairy Women’s Network member.