Thursday 9 June –
Proper care and nutrition for today’s calves can set tomorrow’s cows up for a lifetime of high performance.
Feel prepared and ready for the calf rearing season as Natalie Hughes (SealesWinslow) and Natalie Chrystal (AgriVantage) take you through best practice to maximise calves’ potential right from Day 1.
With expo stands from sector organisations around the room, there will be plenty of experts in animal care and nutrition to call on for advice, all under one roof. You’ll also receive tools and tips to support you and your teams’ nutrition.
If you have farm-specific challenges, you will have the chance to book Natalie Hughes or Natalie Chrystal for a 10-minute problem solving slot after the expo. To be booked on the day
Attendees will receive:
- A workbook
- A bag of Calf Max Muesli 20kg from SealesWinslow, valued at $30
- An AgriVantage calf shed planner
Is this event for me?
This expo is for anyone with an invested interest in raising happy and healthy calves, and in supporting their wellbeing and the wellbeing of their team during the calving season.
What topics will be covered?
- Care of the new arrival.
- Shed set up (Ventilation, Bedding, Biosecurity).
- Navel care.
- Feeding calves for lifetime performance.
- Understanding your options. Transitioning from milk to hard feed.
- Achieving liveweight gains for heifers.
- Understand the value of herd recording, the importance of herd improvement & breeding options for non-replacement calves.
Please note: there is a $20 fee payable upon registration to contribute towards catering.
This expo is brought to you by SealesWinslow and AgriVantage.
We are proud supporters of Dairy Tomorrow. This expo helps to:
- be world leading in animal care
- build great workplaces for New Zealand’s most talented workforce
- 9.30am Arrival and Morning tea
- 10.00am Expo Start
- 2.30pm Expo Finish
- 2.30pm-4.30pm 10-minute problem solving appointment with the experts
Important Covid-19 information:
Please note that all Dairy Women’s Network events will follow the Government Covid-19 requirements at the time of the event. This enables DWN to continue events under all settings within the COVID Protection Framework. Good health and hygiene standards must be maintained throughout the event and the use of a face mask is encouraged for all attendees. Please do not attend this event if you are unwell or suspect you may have been exposed to COVID-19.