Tuesday 20 June –
Join us for a blended style NZQA Workplace First Aider Course, that includes unit standards 6402, 6401, and 6400. This 12 hour course is made up of online learning (10 hours) and a 2 hour in person practical session.
Each participant will receive a first aid quick reference guide. Training is provided by Practical Training Solutions, an NZQA approved Practical Training Establishment.
This blended course style suits learners who prefer learning in small groups, are self motivated, have strong reading and computer proficiency, and prefer flexible timing.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED:
– The role of the Workplace First Aider.
– Managing an emergency scene.
– Recognising first aid problems and priorities in first aid.
– Identifying and obtaining appropriate medicial help.
– Identifying and using appropriate first aid equipment.
– Basic life support assessment (DRSABCD), CPR, choking, shock and bleeding.
– Assessing/managing a wide range of injuries and medical conditions.
– Course includes assessment against NZQA unit standards 6402, 6401 and 6400.
– 12 hour total course time (10 hour online learning plus 2 hours practical session).
– The online learning must be completed before the practical session.
– Participants will receive an NZQA Workplace First Aider certificate that is valid for 2 years.
– $137.50 per person.
There are two practical sessions to choose from, 10am – 12pm or 1pm – 3pm. Please select a practical session time during registration.