Wednesday 21 June –
Join us for a traditional style NZQA Workplace First Aider Course, that includes unit standards 6402, 6402, and 6400. This 12 hour course is made up of paper based homework (4 hours) and an 8 hour in person practical session.
Each participant will receive a first aid quick reference guide. Training is provided by Practical Training Solutions, an NZQA approved Practical Training Establishment.
This traditional course style suits learners who prefer learning in a classroom setting with other people and prefer completing most of the course in one day.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED:
– The role of the Workplace First Aider.
– Managing an emergency scene.
– Recognising first aid problems and priorities in first aid.
– Identifying and obtaining appropriate medical help.
– Identifying and using appropriate first aid equipment.
– Basic life support assessment (DRSABCD) CPR, choking, shock and bleeding.
– Assessing/managing a wide range of injuries and medical conditions.
– Course includes assessment against NZQA unit standards 6402, 6401, and 6400.
– 12 hour total course time (4 hours paper based homework plus 8 hours practical session).
– Homework must be completed before the practical session.
– Lunch and morning tea will be provided during the practical session.
– Participants will receive an NZQA Workplace First Aider certificate that is valid for 2 years.
– $159.50 per person.