Monday 19 June –
This course has been specifically designed for our Dairy Women’s Network members by Practical Training Solutions in consultation with farmers, to cover the most likely first aid scenarios encountered on farms. This course is based on a First Aid Needs Assessment for New Zealand dairy farms to meet WorkSafe requirements for Workplace First Aid. The day will focus on practical first aid skills and scenario work, and each participant will receive a first aid quick reference guide. Training is provided by Practical Training Solutions, an NZQA approved Practical Training Establishment.
Course content includes:
- Practical first aid skills (stopping severe bleeding, applying a tourniquet, managing burns, managing soft tissue injuries, stabilising limbs and fractures, moving patient, getting help)
- CPR, shock, and bleeding
- First aid equipment needs
- Scenario work (quad bike rollover, crushing by animal)
- Special considerations for dairy farms (working in isolation, difficulties accessing emergency services, remoteness)
– 20 people limit.
– 4 hour long course.
– Morning tea and lunch provided.
– Participants will receive a first aid certificate to confirm they completeted first aid training in accordance with the dairy industry first aid needs assessment.
– This first aid course does not include NZQA unit standard assessmentssment.
– $137 per person.
Registraition: 9.30am | Start: 10.00am| Finish: 2.30pm
Venue: Kaihere Hall
1115B State Highway 27, Kaihere, Waikato, 3373, New Zealand