“Celebrating inspiration and excellence at grass roots”
The Dairy Community Leadership Award recognises a dairying woman who is making a significant contribution in her local rural community, through leadership and support.
The Dairy Community Leadership Award 2017 title will be awarded at the national DWN 17 Connect held in Queenstown on 11 & 12 May 2017. The selection panel consists of five judges including representatives from DWN (Chief Executive Officer), ASB representative; Tompkins Wake representative and a DWN Regional Convenor Coordinator.
The judging panel will give consideration to the following qualities when awarding the Dairy Community Leadership Award:
- The entrant demonstrates leadership in her local community.
- The entrant makes a significant contribution to her local community and plays an active role in community organisations and events.
- She encompasses the values of Dairy Women’s Network (innovation, commitment, inclusivity, credibility and integrity) and is a good representative for the organisation.
- She is an active and supportive member of Dairy Women’s Network, taking part in all manner of regional group events, as well as national initiatives.
- Her contributions have made a positive difference in her local dairy community.
Nominations are now closed.
Rachael and her husband sharemilked on three different farms, growing their herd and building capital before they bought their farm in 2007. Having two children, Rachael joined Plunket, playcentre and school committees. The couple has since sold their farm but stayed in their Riversdale (North Southland) community where she continues to belong to multiple committees. Read More…
Jo farms near Tuatapere, Western Southland, milking 800 cows. She volunteers for multiple community organisations and says giving back to the community is important to her. Jo is honoured to be a finalist and looks forward to her journey staying involved in boards/groups that help make her community a great place to live. Read More…
The award includes a scholarship to attend the Community and Enterprise Leadership Programme at the University of Waikato.
Read about the CELF Programme here.